Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Had A Diary Once...

When I was a teenager, I kept a diary to record the events that happened in my own little world. I wrote about just  anything - friends, crushes, teachers and even people I don’t get along with. I wrote about exactly what happened in a certain day and what I think or feel about it. I religiously wrote my entries everyday for a whole year. Eventually I started writing only whenever something major happened. Then it stopped altogether.


I came across that old diary ten years later. I browsed through it and remembered an old world of hopes and dreams, of uncertainties, anger, confusion and disappointments - basically every emotion one has to go through growing up, through self- discovery of an impressionable teen. It feels like reading about someone else’s life.



For some reason, I decided to burn that diary. But remembering its contents, I feel like a completely different person now. I now have different dreams and a different perspective in life. I was not the scared teenager anymore. I can say that my heart is a lot braver now. What with weathering those storms that came my way. But, there is one thing that remained since I first learned my ABCs. And that is my love for reading.

Now this time, I want to try writing and see if I could impart some of the things I've learned when reading. The entries of this blog contains my thoughts about certain topics, a documentation of my experiences, and a compilation of stuff that somehow made an impression in me.

My ultimate dream however is to live in different countries one year each, experience their culture and blog about it. 

No comments: